The process has 5 basic steps:
1. Basic/Initial Assessment – starting with a simple phone call, we assess if the individual is a good candidate for alternative sentencing. Background on the client, the crime, and the attorney situation are all taken into account in making this decision.
2. Taking a complete psychological/social history of the client.
3. A written alternative sentencing report is compiled for the court, recommending the proper level of care for the offender’s case.
4. Direct involvement with the court and/or the client’s attorney, to achieve a positive outcome for a treatment sentence, instead of incarceration.
5. Post-sentencing progress reports as requested by the court and/or probation officer.